The Times has published a Smart Cities 2022 report that explores how technology can improve urban areas, making them cleaner, more efficient and our societies happier and more equitable. The report looks at policies and technology that can be used to create future cities.
The report looks at several key topics:
- “Urbane” living: how to ensure that no citizen is left behind
- Are we at the dawn of the AI-Created city?
- Ethical Tech will spearhead a new era of urban mobility
- Bold and immediate reaction is desperately needed to address the climate energy
- Cool ideas: how technological innovations can reduce city temperatures
- IoT’s impact on cities – better air quality and greater well-being
(featuring MTG and Libelium)
- Could an overreaching Openreach stall the great British roll-out?
- Taking the heat out of climate change
- Mobility in Smart Cities
- Citizen first approach in downtown Doha
- Who controls the future?
- City transport systems look skywards
- Mobilising green finance to transform city development
- Largest EV charging network goes live
- Tackling future energy demands and security
- The metaverse: city planner’s dream or urban nightmare
You can download the full report here: